( School Paper Reflection on the movie : by Dalefaith Grace Fancubit )
It was exciting for my part and even for many of my classmates to see this movie. I’ve heard this story not only once since I grew up in a Christian family (my dad is a pastor and my mom works full time in the church too). I’ve heard this story with my Sunday school teachers, went to a Christian school and even witnessed some of my friends do a drama skit about it. But it’s different when you will see it as a movie especially that I knew the actor who portrayed the character of Noah in this movie.
But as we watched the movie, there are things that I noticed that are not based on the Bible. Events and facts were twisted and the truth hidden. It really burdened and disturbed me personally that the story I’ve known about God and Noah since childhood was not the story I’ve seen in this movie. Here are at least 12 reasons why the movie about “Noah” was a BIG LIE: (I searched the internet for these…)
- In the film, Noah was robbed of his birthright by Tubal-Cain. The serpent’s body (i.e., Satan), which was shed in Eden, was their “birthright reminder.” It also doubled with magical power that they would wrap around their arm. So weird!
- Noah’s family only consists of his wife, three sons, and one daughter-in-law, contrary to the Bible.
- It appears as if every species was crammed in the Ark instead of just the kinds of animals, thus mocking the Ark account the same way secularists do today.
- “Rocks” (that seem to be fallen angels) build the Ark with Noah!
- Methuselah (Noah’s grandfather) is a type of witch-doctor, whose mental health is questionable. – I never read this nor heard from our Sunday school lessons!
- Tubal-Cain defeats the Rocks who were protecting the finished Ark.
- A wounded Tubal-Cain axes his way inside the Ark in only about ten minutes and then hides inside. Tubal-Cain then convinces the middle son to lure Noah to the bottom of the Ark in order to murder him (because he was not allowed a wife in the Ark). Tubal-Cain stays alive by eating hibernating lizards. The middle son of Noah has a change of heart and helps kill Tubal-Cain instead.
- Noah becomes almost crazy as he believes the only purpose to his family’s existence was to help build the Ark for the “innocent” animals (this is a worship of creation).
- Noah repeatedly tells his family that they were the last generation and were never to procreate. So when his daughter-in-law becomes pregnant, he vows to murder his own grandchild. But he finally has a change of heart.
- Noah does not have a relationship with God but rather with circumstances and has deadly visions of the Flood.
- The Ark lands on a cliff next to a beach. – In the Bible, the Ark landed on a mountain, which is Mt. Ararat!
- After the Flood Noah becomes so distant from his family that he lives in a cave, getting drunk by the beach.
What more can I say? I would like to encourage every young people like me to READ the Bible for it is not only an ordinary book, but it contains the very Word of God, the TRUTH and it will always guide us to a righteous living according to God’s will.